Frequently Asked Questions
Who can benefit from Pilates?
- Pilates can benefit almost everyone, from the elite athlete to those who are more or less sedentary, to those who are out of condition or chronically ill.
- Physical therapists and doctors often recommend Pilates to post-acute, recovering patients; to people with chronic pain due to arthritis, scoliosis, muscle spasms, and many other causes; and to patients with post-polio issues and multiple sclerosis.
- Athletic coaches and dance companies often recommend or require Pilates training to improve core strength and performance. Actors and musicians also benefit.
What are the qualifications of the MPTW Pilates Center instructors?
- All of our Pilates instructors are highly trained and fully certified through national and international certification programs recognized by the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA). All instructors are up-to-date with their required continuing education.
- The MPTW Pilates Center instructors have many years of experience between them. In addition to expert Pilates instruction, they have specialties ranging from the training of athletes and dancers to post-acute rehabilitation. Instructors consult and refer to physical therapists, medical doctors and other experts as needed.
What are the options for Pilates instruction at MPTW?
- Private Sessions
- Duet Sessions
- Reformer Classes
- Springboard Classes
- Mat Classes
How do I sign up or get more information?
- Call the front desk at MPTW, 510-339-2116, for information or to sign up for classes or private sessions.
- Check the current class schedule, instructor biographies, or on the bulletin board at MPTW.